Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Remembering a special day

As my regular readers know, it was on this day, back in 1982, that God healed me from seizures!  On that April day, I was in the hospital, and for some reason, I flat-lined.  Three minutes later, God intervened, and breathed life into me.  After all this, the seizures stopped and, after all these decades, they have not returned.  Praise the Lord! 

Some may respond to what I’ve said by saying, “People flat-line all the time and return to the land of the living.  Why do you credit this to God?”  Because the Bible says that it is God who gives life and breath to the inhabitants of the Earth (Isaiah 42:5).  The Bible teaches us that life itself is a gift from the benevolent hand of God.  I just wanted to take a moment to record (as I do every year), my thanks and praise to God for what He did for me.

But as grateful as I am for my healing as a baby, I’m even more grateful that Jesus Christ died on the cross for me (and for all of humanity).  I’m grateful that, at age 6, I was able to accept the simple message that every man and woman is a sinner in need of a Savior.  We cannot atone for our sin; but Jesus – fully God and fully man – atoned for the sin of mankind on the cross.  Through faith and trust in Him alone, we can actually have a personal relationship with the God of the universe.  I became a Christian that day and it is the best decision that I’ve ever made. 

One of my favorite verses is 2 Corinthians 5:15: “And he [Jesus] died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.”  I want to live the rest of my life for God, not just because He spared my life as a baby, but primarily because He died on the cross for my vile, repugnant sin.

Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment