Monday, January 6, 2020

After 9 years, it is "a new world"

Back in 1995, there was an interesting movie trailer.  It began with these words on the screen: “It’s a new world.  With new enemies, and new threats; but you can still depend…” and then these words: “on one man.”  A person walked in, and began to blast away some of the letters, with his gun, to ultimately reveal “007”.  Pierce Brosnan as James Bond came closer to the screen, and remarked, “You were expecting someone else?”

On this day, back in 2011, I began this blog.  I am amazed at how different my life is now compared to what it was back then.  It really is “a new world” as that trailer put it.  When I say that, I’m not just referring to my dad’s sudden passing in 2015 (although that event was a defining moment that changed the landscape of my life forever), but many other things as well.

For example, as I look back just at this past year, it was undeniably a year of transition and change for me.  Some of the highlights included new friendships, new coworkers, and the launch of a blog back in June.  There were even new sicknesses, including a recent bout with bronchitis!

Despite all of this, I want to testify to the faithfulness of my great God.  In their 2009 album “Across the Earth: Tear Down the Walls” Hillsong United has the track entitled “Desert Song”.  It has a phrase that captures the cry of my heart.  It says, “All of my life, in every season, You are still God.  I have a reason to sing; I have a reason to worship.”  No matter what change occurs in life, God is faithful, dependable, and trustworthy. 

Kevin   

No comments:

Post a Comment