Monday, July 7, 2014

God is aware of every shed tear

Have you ever stopped and thought about just how many tears we cry? We cry during times of heartache, pain, and tragedy. We cry tears of joy during weddings, graduations, or even during certain moments in a movie or TV show. We cry tears of longing, expressing a strong desire of how much we wish something would happen, but it hasn’t. Or how about when we laugh for so long that it actually causes us to cry? My point is we all cry. This is not something for which we should be ashamed; it is a gift that God has given us.

It is astonishing to consider that the God of the universe is intimately aware of every single tear. Psalm 56:8 is a precious verse to me; it reads, “You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one in your book” (NLT).  The more I think about this, the more I marvel at God’s attention to this detail. For example, I always cry at that magnificent end of "It's a Wonderful Life."  God recorded those tears in His book titled "The Tally of Kevin Bauer's Tears" (or whatever He calls it).

This is so encouraging to contemplate. God loves you and me so much that He is intimately aware with everything that happens to us; nothing escapes His notice. He knows the exact number of hairs on our heads (Matthew 10:30). He knows every word that we say; He knows every thought that we think; He sees each time we laugh; He sees when we cry. God isn’t ignorant of even the most minuscule occurrences of the day.

Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment