Monday, July 28, 2014

Heaven: a place of bliss and happiness

There’s a popular misconception today. It’s the idea that Heaven is a dull, monotonous, boring place. That all anyone ever does in Heaven is float around in a clear blue sky, sitting on top of a thin cloud, with wings and a halo, strumming a harp for all of eternity. This kind of existence would indeed be boring, but this is not an accurate picture of Heaven. The fact of the matter is this: Heaven is anything but boring.

I found an interesting resource from the website got questions.org. In an article on what we will be doing in Heaven (I’ve included the link below), the author writes, “In Luke 23:43, Jesus declared, “Truly I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise.” The word Jesus used for “paradise” is paradeisos which means “a park, that is, (specifically) an Eden (place of future happiness, paradise)”... The point is that Jesus picked and used the word for “a park.” Not just any park but “the paradise of God” or park of God (Revelation 2:7) which for us will be a place of future happiness. Does this sound like a boring place? When you think of a park, do you think of boredom?”

http://www.gotquestions.org/doing-in-Heaven.html

Furthermore, I don’t have to tell you that the burdens of this life can be overwhelming.  There's pain, heartache, sorrow, broken dreams, and intense suffering. One of the main reasons I'm blogging about this today is because I'm feeling the heavy weight of the trials of the world in my own life. That’s why these words from Revelation 21 are so encouraging:

“And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, “Now the dwelling of God is with men, and He will live with them. They will be His people, and God Himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away” (verses 3 and 4). No mourning or pain will exist in Heaven; only bliss and happiness.

I’m sure many of you are saying, “Sign me up for that.” Well, the fact is, not everyone will go to Heaven; only those who have a right relationship with God, through Jesus Christ. John 3:36 reads, “Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life” (one could substitute the word “Heaven” here in place of “life”). To be candid with you, I don’t particularly enjoy concluding the blog installment in this way. I would have preferred to have ended on the high note of the previous paragraph, but I have to tell you the truth, no matter how difficult or unpopular.

The Bible says if you want to see Heaven, you have to believe in Jesus. That is, you have to put your faith, trust, and confidence in Him alone to save you and take you to Heaven one day. If you haven’t done this, if to this point you have rejected Jesus, I urge you to choose to believe in Him today.

Kevin

(John 3:16)

No comments:

Post a Comment