Sunday, August 24, 2014

Happy 40th Anniversary, Mom and Dad!

I just wanted to take a moment to express that today is a very special day. Today is my parent’s 40th wedding anniversary!  Here is a nice picture of them.


I found it noteworthy to look at what was going on back in 1974: consider this:  

In 1974 Gerald Ford was the President of the United States, after Richard Nixon resigned.  Roger Moore was starring in his second James Bond movie “The Man with the Golden Gun.”  The Pittsburgh Steelers defeated the Minnesota Vikings in the Super Bowl (the 1974 season concluded in 1975); and “All in the family” was the top show on television (according to 1970’s flashback.com - here's the link: http://www.1970sflashback.com/1974/TV.asp 


While all this is interesting, it’s more fitting to focus on my parent’s marriage.  I suspect that if you ask them, my folks would emphatically declare that they are more in love today than they were when they got married.  They have grown closer and closer over the years.

Mom and Dad, I just wanted to say that you two are an inspiration, not just to me, but to many others as well.  I also know that you would want to me end this blog by diverting the attention off of you and onto God.  So I’ll quote 1 Timothy 1:17: “Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen” (NASB). 

Kevin  

No comments:

Post a Comment