Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Musical musings on a milestone day

As I said last time, there is power in music.  Today, on this milestone day, I want to share a song that has been on my heart and mind lately.  Matt Papa and Matt Boswell wrote a powerful song that not only sticks in my head; it has riveted itself to my very soul.  I first heard it performed by the group Shane and Shane.  I don’t often quote an entire song, but I can’t bring myself to cite only pieces of this.  So here we go; this is a song titled “His mercy is more”:

“What love could remember no wrongs we have done?  Omniscient, all-knowing, He counts not their sum; thrown into a sea without bottom or shore.  Our sins they are many, His mercy is more.  [Chorus] Praise the Lord!  His mercy is more; stronger than darkness, new every ‘morn, my sins they are many His mercy is more.

“What patience would wait as we constantly roam?  What Father, so tender, is calling us home?  He welcomes the weakest, the vilest, the poor.  Our sins they are many, His mercy is more. Praise the Lord!  His mercy is more; stronger than darkness, new every ‘morn, my sins they are many His mercy is more.”

“What riches of kindness He lavished on us!  His blood was the payment; His life was the cost.  We stood ‘neath a debt we could never afford.  Our sins they are many, His mercy is more.  Praise the Lord!  His mercy is more; stronger than darkness, new every ‘morn, my sins they are many His mercy is more.”

On my 40th birthday, these words are my heart cry.  I praise and worship the Lord for His mercy, grace, and kindness to me.  Without Him, I am nothing.  Without His grace, I would be a complete train wreck.  Without His peace, I would have no song in my heart.  Without His transforming power in my life, I would be a man without hope.  It’s all about Him!

Kevin   

No comments:

Post a Comment