Monday, October 21, 2013

Reflections on the Broncos-Colts game

I’ve often told you that I am fan of the entire National Football League, not just the local team, the Denver Broncos. This was evidenced again last night when I watched the Sunday Night Football between the Broncos and the Colts.

Honestly, I was a bit torn. First and foremost, I certainly wanted to see the Broncos win, but at the same time, I am a Colts fan as well. I am disappointed for Denver, but also very happy to see that the Colts are having the success that they are this year (they are 5-2 now, and they have defeated several very good teams). I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Broncos and Colts play each other again in the playoffs.

One of the highlights for me was seeing the tribute that the Colts fans gave Peyton Manning before the game. This was a nice gesture because Manning was the leader of the Colts for so many years. In my opinion, the Colts would not have had enjoyed as much success as they did all those years if someone other than Manning was their quarterback. I know Colts fan appreciate what Peyton did for them, and that was evidenced last night.

As for the actual game, the Colts won the game 39-33. Furthermore, I feel the Broncos didn't deserve to win. Manning tried to will his team to a come from behind victory, but Denver made too many mistakes. Three turnovers (very costly ones I might add) are difficult enough to overcome, but couple that with the numerous senseless penalties that Denver committed, and you have a recipe for a loss.

Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment