Monday, October 15, 2012

A new book

Well, I know it’s been a few months since I’ve posted a blog entry (life can certainly keep a person from blogging, you know it?), but here I am posting new material again.

Even though I live in Denver, Colorado and I am happy for any success that the Denver Broncos have, I am also a fan of many other teams in the NFL also.  One of the teams that I have kept an eye on for many years now is the Philadelphia Eagles.  After reading Michael Vick’s brand new autobiographical book “Finally Free” I will be cheering for the Eagles – and more specifically for Vick – even more than I used to. 

I highly recommend Michael Vick’s book; it is a powerful story of redemption and of God’s offer for a second chance.  To be clear: I’m happy that Michael Vick got another stint in the NFL, and that he is a starting quarterback again.  But I’m much more excited that Vick turned his life around after hitting rock bottom, and that he is a Christian today.

Kevin

“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new” – 2 Corinthians 5:17 (NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment