Thursday, January 31, 2019

Super Bowl 53 prediction

The Super Bowl match-up this year is an intriguing one; it is the Los Angeles Rams versus the New England Patriots.  Before I give my pick, let me say that I think this game is going to be just as exciting as the championship games.  Both the NFC and AFC Championship went to overtime; while I don’t necessarily think the overtime aspect will happen in the Super Bowl, the last team that has the ball is probably the team that will win.

Even though the annual Madden simulation video game had the Rams winning, I just can’t bring myself to agree with that prediction.  I think the Patriots will find a way to win.  New England surprised me this postseason.  They thoroughly whipped a talented Chargers team (the Chargers tried to make a comeback, but the Patriots were up 35-7 at halftime).  And then New England defeated the Kansas City Chiefs.  It was my opinion for most of the year that Kansas City was the best team in the AFC.  I thought the Chiefs were going to show that they were the better, hungrier team.  The Patriots proved me wrong.  While the Chiefs did stand toe to toe with the Patriots, New England ultimately delivered the knock-out blow.

I think the Rams are a good, exciting team, but I just don’t see them defeating the Patriots.  Last year, the Philadelphia Eagles pulled off the upset over the Patriots in the Super Bowl.  It seems as if New England has since been on a mission to get back to the big game and celebrate a victory; I suspect they will do just that.

Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment