Thursday, June 29, 2023

Birthday thoughts

There are many things that I could bring up today.  But when I heard a certain song on the radio yesterday, and how it sums up the sentiments of my heart so well, I knew this was the direction I was going to go today.  Back in 2021, Zahriya Zachary (along with a long list of others) wrote a song titled “Back to Life”.  Here’s a sampler of the lyrics:

“I won’t forget the moment I heard You call my name; out of the grip of darkness into the light of grace.  Just like Lazarus, oh You brought me back to life…all of my hope and freedom are found in Jesus’ name; just like Lazarus, oh You brought me back to life.  [Chorus] No longer I who live, but Christ in me, for I’ve been born again, my heart is free.  The hope of Heaven before me, the grave behind.  Hallelujah, You brought me back to life.  When something says I’m guilty, I’ll point to the price You paid…”

[The bridge of this song is where I really had to fight back tears; please don’t cry and drive] “How can I begin to thank You for all You’ve done for me?  Jesus, to praise You fully it will take all eternity.  Just like Lazarus, oh You brought me back to life.”

It took a little bit of research to get the lyrics and information online for you today.  I found a you tube video of the song being performed.  In the comments section, I was glad to see that someone had quoted these words from Lyle C. Rollings III.  

“Jesus Christ had no servants, yet they called Him Master.  He had no degree, yet they called Him Teacher.  He had no medicines, yet He was called Healer.  He had no army, yet kings feared Him.  He won no military battles, yet He conquered the world.  He did not live in a castle, yet they called Him Lord.  He ruled no nations, yet they called Him King.  He committed no crime, yet they crucified Him.  He was buried in a tomb, yet He lives today.”

On this day – and every day – I celebrate Jesus Christ.  Somebody wants to say, “Kevin, it’s your birthday.  You can brag on yourself, just for today.”  No, I point you to the Lord Jesus Christ, not myself.  It’s all about Him; it’s not about me. 

God bless,

Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment