Saturday, June 29, 2024

Praising God today and every day

For my birthday blog, I decided to present content that is essentially nothing but a song of praise to God, in celebration for what He has done in my life.  This song I’m about to share is one that I’ve heard a hundred times perhaps, since its release in 2011.  Practically every time I would hear it, I would think, “I really need to work these powerful lyrics into a blog.”  I would think this because the sentiments are an echo of my heart.  But somehow it never made it to a blog post; until today!  I’m pleased to present the song “You still amaze me” by Rebecca St. James from her album “I will praise You”.

“Oh how beautiful the sound that has saved a wretch like me.  I was lost, but I am found; I was captive ‘til You made me free.  It was grace that taught my heart how to marvel at Your Name.  Breaking all my fears apart, taking all my doubt and shame.  And it all comes down to this: yeah, it all comes down to; [Chorus] Your grace is amazing to me; Your love is still such a wonder.  Your cross is still bringing me to my knees, oh God, You still amaze me.

When I stand before Your throne I will bring eternal praise.  For my heart has found a home, and a reason still to say, that it all comes down to this: yeah, it all comes down to; Your grace is amazing to me; Your love is still such a wonder.  Your cross is still bringing me to my knees, oh God [Bridge] and I am amazed.  How You paid in death every sinner’s wage; how You loved me first, so You took my place.  And redemption came through the work of grace.  It’s amazing, so amazing.

And it all comes down to this: yeah, it all comes down to; Your grace is amazing to me; Your love is still such a wonder.  Your cross is still bringing me to my knees, oh God, You still amaze me.”

Lord, after all these years, You do still amaze me, as this song says.  Thank You for Your faithfulness!  I worship You.  Amen.

God bless,

Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment