Sunday, February 27, 2011

"Without You, I am nothing"

I really like a new song called "Search My Heart" by Hillsong United.  Here's the lyrics from Klove.com. 

http://www.klove.com/music/artists/hillsong-united/songs/search-my-heart-lyrics.aspx

As you see, there are a lot of good words in that song, but the line that really resonates with me is "without you, I am nothing."  I thought today that I would take the opportunity to declare what Hillsong United declares: without God, I am nothing.  That's why in every blog installment, I attempt to edify God, not Kevin Bauer.

One of my favorite books by Max Lucado is the one entitled "It's not about Me".  In chapter 1 of that book, Lucado makes a statement that I echo.  It's a statement that I hope people can see in me, not simply because I quote it in a blog, but because I live it in my life.  He said, "It's not about you.  It's not about me.  It's all about him."  Can't you just picture Lucado pointing up to the heavens when he says, "it's all about him"?

Kevin Bauer

No comments:

Post a Comment