Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Happy birthday, Mom!

For many years I have loved to write, but anytime I try to write something regarding some of my mother's wonderful qualities, words don't come easy; not because there is little to say but because there is too much!  Here's a picture of her...




Mom's birthday is today and so, in honor of this day, let me attempt to divulge a few traits.

1) She is a woman of prayer.  I can't tell you the number of times that a negative situation has resolved itself only to have Mom reply, "That's an answer to prayer."

2) She is a woman of boldness.  What I mean here is if someone were to declare a falsehood, she will set you straight with the truth.  You may not always like it, but she will tell you the truth.

3) She is a woman of generosity.  She is always giving of herself.  That may mean giving of her time, her money, or her energy.  She lives out Jesus' maxim, "it is more blessed to give than to receive" (Acts 20:35).

In short, if I had to boil it down to one sentence, I would say this: I thank God for my mother!

Kevin Bauer
(Philippians 1:3)

1 comment: