Friday, May 27, 2011

A true story of heroism

After what I wrote about sacrifice in my last blog, I thought it only fitting to share this story of a husband who literally gave his life for his wife.  A big thank you to Zachary Roth (the writer of the link I've included) for bringing this to our attention. 

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110527/us_yblog_thelookout/husband-gave-life-to-save-wife-from-tornado-he-was-my-hero

May we all follow this man's example.  Jesus said, "greater love has no one than this, than to lay down his life for his friend."  Remember we can selflessly give of ourselves in less drastic ways.  We can serve when we'd rather be served.  We can give when we'd rather receive.  We can love the people that aren't easy to love.  You get the idea.

Kevin Bauer

No comments:

Post a Comment