Monday, January 9, 2012

The Broncos incredible season continues

I wanted to commend the Denver Broncos on their thrilling 29-23 overtime victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers yesterday.  I also want to extend warm wishes to the Steelers; they are a talented – not to mention very classy – NFL organization.  This is a team that is almost always a perennial Super Bowl contender and this year was no different.  I know it was a disappointing finish for them, but they'll be back again soon, I'm sure. 

As I’ve said before in this blog, the Broncos are winning as a team.  While Tim Tebow played a sensational game – and he is going to continue to get the national spotlight, focus, and attention – it was the defense and special teams that played a big role in the win as well.  Credit the Broncos for the win because they won as a team.

I also have to mention that Tim Tebow threw for a career high 316 yards.  Someone tied that stat to John 3:16, so much so that Internet searches for that verse have exploded today.  Some would just say that it’s a coincidence, and that it really doesn’t much matter.  The fact is, anything that can inspire others to look up a wonderful Biblical passage like John 3:16 is a great thing in my book.   

http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/01/09/tim-tebows-316-passing-yards-evoke-biblical-number/?xid=rss-topstories

Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment