Sunday, June 17, 2018

Father's Day, 2018 - Unforgettable

Way back in 1952, Nat King Cole performed a song written by Gordon Irving.  I want to dedicate it to my dad.  The song says, “Unforgettable, that’s what you are; unforgettable, though near or far.  Like a song of love that clings to me, how the thought of you does things to me…Unforgettable in every way, and forever more that’s how you’ll stay.”  https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/natkingcole/unforgettable.html

Whether you are talking about his faithfulness to God and his family, his genuine humility, his meticulous attention to detail, or his incredible sense of humor that no one else can ever duplicate, my dad Jerry Bauer, is unforgettable.  He is with Jesus in Heaven, but he will also be in my heart forever.  His example of love and selflessness remains with me to emulate and inspire.

Unforgettable

Happy Father’s Day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment