Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Two heads are better than one

How time flies!  It was 10 years ago today that my brother, Mark, married his bride, my sister-in-law, Tiffany.  I remember the day like it was yesterday.  I had the great privilege of being Mark’s best man the day that we welcomed Tiffany into the Bauer family.

I wanted to include the vows that Mark said in the wedding.  Incidentally, Tiffany said the same words, except for the beginning.  “I, Mark, take you, Tiffany, to be my lawfully wedded wife; my constant friend; my faithful partner, and my love from this day forward.  In the presence of God, our family and friends, I offer you my solemn vow: to be your faithful partner, in sickness and in health, in good times and in bad, and in joy as well as in sorrow.  I promise to love you unconditionally; to support you in your goals; to honor and respect you; to laugh with you and cry with you; and to cherish you, for as long as we both shall live.”

At one point in Mark and Tiffany’s wedding, Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 was quoted.  It reads, “Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their labor.  For if they fall, one will lift up his companion.  But woe to him who is alone when he falls, for he has no one to help him up.  Again, if two lie down together, they will keep warm, but how can one be warm alone?  Though one may be overpowered by another, two can withstand him.  And a threefold cord is not quickly broken.”  The old saying is true: two heads are certainly better than one.  Congratulations on your 10th anniversary, Mark and Tiffany.

Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment