Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Television show recommendation

Today I want to endorse a new game show that fits in well with the spirit of the Christmas season.  It’s called “You Deserve It.”  It’s a game where the contestant doesn’t play for himself or herself, they are actually playing on behalf of someone else; a person that they feel is worthy of the sum of money that they accumulate.  The catch phrase is, “This is the show that believes it’s better to give than to receive.”  I love watching game shows, but I’ve never come across a game with this kind of concept! 

I had the chance to watch it for the first time the other night and I can say that I will be a regular viewer of the show.  I hope it stays on the air for a long time. Of course, they are absolutely right: it is better to give than to receive.  This is found in the Bible; specifically Acts 20:35.

Update: Not surprising, this show only lasted for one season.  R.I.P. “You Deserve It.”  You were a rare jewel and you should have had a longer run than you did.  But the culture apparently didn’t enjoy something that was all about giving, and considering others.  At least you did have a short lived run, where you were able to convey an important message.

Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment