Monday, October 24, 2011

A shining star

Well, Tebow did it again.  No, I'm not talking about leading the Broncos to a come from behind victory yesterday.  As exciting as that was from a football standpoint, I'm actually referring to the fact that after the game, Tim was being interviewed by Kevin Harlan and Solomon Wilcots.  The first thing out of Tim's mouth was, "first of all, I want to thank my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ."  Tim's NFL career can't rightly be defined as a star yet, but in his life off the field, he is a shining star.  A shining star for God.

Chris Tomlin in his book "The Way I was Made" writes, "We were created to shine the spotlight on God."  I love that word picture!  How many in our culture today shine the spotlight on themselves, boasting of how great they are, and they don't even give a second thought to God?  This is pride and it's offensive to the Lord.  In the midst of a culture that screams "look how great I am," it's wonderful to see people like Tim Tebow "shining the spotlight on God."

Kevin

"Be clothed with humility, for God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble" - 1 Peter 5:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment