Friday, February 1, 2013

My Super Bowl prediction

It’s the so-called Harbaugh Bowl, as two brothers coach against each other in a Super Bowl for the first time ever.  That’s not the only storyline, of course.  It’s Colin Kapernick versus Ray Lewis and the Ravens defense; it’s Joe Flacco against a stingy 49ers defense.  I think this game will be a great game for people to watch.

What is my prediction?  Well, I think the Ravens defense is going to have some challenges stopping Kapernick and the 49ers read-option offensive attack.  Conversely, Joe Flacco will make a lot of big plays with his arm.  Conventional wisdom would suggest that the 49ers will win this game (in fact, last time I checked San Francisco was favored).  The 49ers are a proud NFL organization that has never lost a Super Bowl that they have been involved in.  Having said all that, my prediction is that the Ravens will win.

One of the reasons I say this is because the Ravens are feeding off of the energy of the great linebacker Ray Lewis.  They are playing their hearts out for their emotional leader.  They are trying to win one more ring for Lewis, as he has announced he will retire at the end of the year.  Secondly, all throughout the playoffs Baltimore has been playing in the underdog role.  They have excelled in winning games that many thought that they wouldn’t win.  I predict the Baltimore Ravens will find a way to win Super Bowl 47.  I think it will be a close, hard fought, back and forth game, but I say the Ravens will win 31-27.  Joe Flacco will be the MVP of the game.

Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment