Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Checking in with Rebecca and Jacob

Recently, I had fun reading an interview with the newly married Rebecca St. James.  The most interesting section for me was how she described her wedding.  She talks about how, early in the ceremony, both she and Jacob exchanged their purity rings to each other; a vivid non-verbal expression to each other and to all the guests that they were sexually pure.  On page 2, she talks about how there were several guests that told her that the wedding was a very powerful one.  Rebecca comments that it is probably “the purity element that set it apart.”  Here’s the interview link.
I have previously talked about sexual purity in this blog (see the installment I entitled “Some Words from Tony Dungy”), and I think you might find it helpful to go back and read what I wrote that day.  Yet it occurred to me that some people will read this and they will have this question: why is sexual abstinence so important?  To aid me in answering that question, I refer you to this article from Got Questions.org.
Kevin Bauer
  

No comments:

Post a Comment