Saturday, June 25, 2011

A day to remember

This afternoon, I had an amazing birthday celebration with family and friends.  For months now, my parents have been planning this birthday party.  I wasn't involved in the planning in any way.  They shrouded everything with mystery.  So I was blessed when I saw that they chose to create a birthday cake that had this message on it: "Happy 30th birthday, Kevin" and "Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, rather in humility value others above yourselves."

They considered who I am as a person, the kind of life that I live, and they chose to represent me in this way.  I'm glad they did; they got it right.  That sentiment from Philippians 2 is the essence of who I am.  This is not to suggest that I always perfectly live out these words, I would be lying if I made such a statement.  That said, I certainly strive every day to obey this admonition.

Kevin Bauer

No comments:

Post a Comment