Tuesday, June 7, 2011

One NFL player's inspiration

A few years back, I was watching Monday Night Football.  I don’t recall any details of the game (or even the teams) but I do recall a sideline report from Lisa Guerrero.  She talked about an NFL player who had a fondness for Batman, so much so that he got a Batman tattoo.  She mentioned how this player loved Batman because the Caped Crusader doesn’t have superpowers he simply in his words “works hard.”
I did some Internet research trying to discover who Lisa might have been talking about.  While I can’t declare this is the player with one hundred percent certainty, I did find an interesting article on Green Bay Packers running back Ahman Green.  This is an older link (it’s from 2001), but I still find it quite fascinating.
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/story/2001/09/26/green010926.html

I certainly think that Batman is the most relatable hero that exists (although a case could be made for Spider-Man, I’d say he’s a close second).  Incidentally, even though I’ve been recommending a lot of books lately, I want to endorse Cary Friedman’s work, “Wisdom from the Batcave: How to Live a Super, Heroic Life.”  This is a fun, engaging, and applicable book on the traits Batman has that we should consider emulating.
Kevin Bauer

No comments:

Post a Comment