Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

I want to wish everyone a very happy Thanksgiving.  By the way, it’s not “turkey day” as some like to designate it.  Yes, I understand that most of us will have turkey, and I'm sorry to quibble over this, but it’s just a pet peeve of mine for the holiday to be called by that name.  After all, we don’t call Christmas “gift day” do we?

Anyway, in the midst of whatever you do today please remember to give thanks to God.  The Lord, in His kindness, has provided all of us with so much.  I’ll be candid: I can go about living my life and easily take for granted the blessings that God has given me.  For instance, He’s provided me with a steady job, wonderful family and friends, a great church, and good health (something I don't take for granted, as you know if you've heard my story).  That’s just scratching the surface; there are countless other blessings that God has given me.  The truth of the matter is God has granted many gifts and blessings to you as well!  So let’s remember to thank Him today because it’s all from His providential hand.

Kevin

P.S. In the spirit of the holiday I want to publicly thank you for reading this blog.  It is a great honor to me and an incredible blessing from the Lord that you choose to take time out of your day to read the musings that are on my heart.  I love and appreciate you all! 

"For from him and through him and to him are all things.  To him be the glory forever!  Amen” - Romans 11:36

No comments:

Post a Comment