Tuesday, November 15, 2011

We have a choice to make

I’ve been reading Louie Giglio’s fantastic book “The Air I Breathe: Worship as a Way of Life” lately.  In a nutshell, the book explains how everyone on the planet worships.  Some might claim they don't worship, but Giglio eloquently contends that everyone worships something.  Louie presents us with compelling information to help us discover just who it is (or perhaps what it is) that we worship.  I would highly recommend this book for anyone! 

There’s so much incredible material in Giglio’s work, but one statement in particular really grabbed my attention.  He writes, “When we do the right thing, God is worshiped.  Even if no one notices or cares….Even if we’re penalized for our honesty, God is honored by our sacrifice."  They say repetition aids learning, so let me cite the beginning of that quote again: “When we do the right thing, God is worshiped.”  Stop and think about that for a moment.

The truth is, every day we have a choice to make.  Will we do the right thing or the wrong thing in our lives?  We answer this question a million times throughout our day.  Let’s be real here: sometimes we choose to do the wrong thing – I certainly can vouch for that in my own life.  But at the same time, I can also declare to you that I genuinely want to do the right thing.  Furthermore, reading Louie Giglio’s words helped me to commit once again to honoring God with the choices that I make.  How about you?

Kevin

“All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives.  It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us what is right” - 2 Timothy 3:16 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment